low power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low power...

After totally tearing down and cleaning my carbs I put them back together and back on my gs450. It idles great but while riding it there is very low power at wide open throttle. ANy suggestions?

Originally posted by turkeyroll60 View Post
    After totally tearing down and cleaning my carbs I put them back together and back on my gs450. It idles great but while riding it there is very low power at wide open throttle. ANy suggestions?
    At wide open throttle at what RPM?

Stock airbox or pods?
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

what are the chances your WIDE OPEN THROTTLE is not really wide open at all? chances are your cable is not tight enough or clamped up right. Put the bike in idle and raise the throttle on the carbs yourself while having the twist throttle wide open and see if you have any give on the carbs. LMK! I always think simple first.

Comment

Originally posted by bietau85 View Post
        what are the chances your WIDE OPEN THROTTLE is not really wide open at all?
        That sounds like something straight out of the Matrix!

Comment

Hi,

Have the carbs been bench sync'd? Is the airbox installed? Are you sure of your reassembly procecdures? Is the petcock functioning properly? If the tank is off the bike, is the vacuum line plugged? Have the diaphragms slipped? I think we're all just guessing because there doesn't seem to be enough information provided.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X