BS36's on an 1100 GS110X 16 valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS36's on an 1100 GS110X 16 valve

well i now know my 1986 gs1150 has a 1100 motor the gs110x.i have the bs36 carbs with a stage 3 kit i suppose as the mains say 138.these engines came with bs34's i have found, so my question is what jets (air pilot and main) should i purchase to go as a starting point to tune these correct for the 1100?i checked the plugs after a ride once they were black, and my buddy riding behind me said when i openned her up i blew out smoke,mains to large?please help i am at a loss here.been reading everything i can find in the search to no avail as to where to star for jetting. but have learned a ton of other sruff to where my head feels floaty and fried i want to order these items tomarrow n get started on it.should i just get the stock size air and pilot jets for 1150 and keep the stage 3 main jet in there and lower the needle hight?idk

You could try the DJ stage 1 setting which is DJ 132 mains. Might lower the needle a notch or 2 as well.

Nic
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

sounds about right i think, i just disassembled them for the dip tomarrow and found these jets,,138 main, 45 pilot and 110 air.missing a spring for the idle screw and none of the screws had O-rings and washer.hm lots o parts to order lol, my confusion now is what air jet to get cause from what i read BS34's are 170's for the 1100 and for the 1150 BS36's takes 125 pilot air jet, the drilling has been done also for the stage 3 kit that was installed.

Comment

Please post you engine configuration? Stock, pods, pipes, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post
          You could try the DJ stage 1 setting which is DJ 132 mains. Might lower the needle a notch or 2 as well.

Nic
          i bookmarked ansd read that thread also, really a great one

Comment

K&N pods 4 into 1 header with a very loud pipe lol, i have another chrome one thats smaller i would like to use and bought am stock air but decided to keep the pods on.

so i gues the config. will be a mild 4 into 1 pipe and the pods

Comment

86 1150 had 120 or 122.5 stock mains.

The DJ stage one is a 132 which converts to a 123/124

With pods and a 4-1 I think that would be pretty for your application close since you have 2mm larger carbs than stock 1100 carbs.

DJ kits are the same for 1100/1150 bikes. Try the stage one jets and go from there.

lower the needle 1-2 clips down from the center.

Nic
              83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Keihin/mikuni/Dynojet jet conversion chart http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=64769

Comment

nice link saweeeet that should be a sticky for sure!!!! i ordered 3 size jets at 1.50 each why not, wow.now i will have 4 size jets to work with.carbs in dip now. 1 of 4 anyway,pics to come tomarrow i am painting her also, 3 days work in prep so far,my buddy is helpin and supplying the materials and has the paint i wanted chargin me 200 bux for the paint and labor hehe. gonna start another thread once i get the pics i will upload n git it goin.i am so stoked even tho i know when i get the parts n install i still have work to do

Comment

Needle clips were 5 down from the top wow and the spring in the wrong place, i am now a pro at putting the clip back in lol.parts on order clip in correct position now.ty all so very much for the help4 jet sizes on order plus the 138's should have everything to tune here nicely!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnbb71 View Post
                      Needle clips were 5 down from the top wow and the spring in the wrong place, i am now a pro at putting the clip back in lol.parts on order clip in correct position now.ty all so very much for the help4 jet sizes on order plus the 138's should have everything to tune here nicely!!
                      You really have to watch out for the chronic PO syndrome; you never really know unless you check it yourself.

Comment

yeah right? lol i was like what the heck? , now everyone in out of stock for my float bowl gaskets ugh. got plenty of time tho i just wanted them together this weekend hm.

Comment

Working...
                        X