SeaFoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SeaFoam

Do you guys use Sea Foam? Or any additive really. I was going to run a little through my 450.

Yup, great stuff. Lots of threads here about that stuff can be found using the search function.

I wouldn't use it in the crankcase, but it works very well in the fuel system. I use it to keep my carbs clean, and it's also a stabilizer.

Nominal amount of about 1oz/gallon of fuel keeps the carbs clean & the fuel fresh...

Of course, if the carbs need a major cleaning Seafoam won't avoid that, but IMO it works well to keep clean carbs clean.
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Yep, I use it. Good stuff IMO.

Comment

I used Seafoam, no complaints, but now I use "Star Brite" "Star Tron" because it goes a little further (cheaper).
        If I didn't use that I'd probably use Marine Sta-Bil, or just Sta-Bil.
        With ethanol, I think you got to use something, unless your lucky enough
        to find no ethanol gasoline and not let it set up too long.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

It is good stuff. I used some once and this happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
            It is good stuff. I used some once and this happened.

A naked woman hatched from a clam? Gotta get me some.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I wonder what he was using it as?
              Jeep, did you smoke it, drink it or shoot it up?

Daniel

Comment

Highly effective and Made in MN, what's not to love!

Comment

Sorry guys Aphrodite was born from the FOAM of the SEA as in the painting.
                  But it is actually wonderful stuff. Use as directed.

Comment

Just added some Star Tron to my fuel, and the bike ran without the usual grumpiness I've attributed to ethanol. I have been running Sea Foam for quite some time, and it wasn't made nearly this much difference.

Comment

pure acetone works better, cleans the carbs and fuel system, gives you better MPG and is cheaper
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Star Tron is my bikes beverage of choice, in small quantities of coarse.
                        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

pure acetone works better, cleans the carbs and fuel system, gives you better MPG and is cheaper
                          I have never heard of this. What sort of ratio would it be used at? will it "stabilize the gas or just clean the carbs?

I'd be interested in knowing more.

Cheers,
                          Spyug

Comment

Beware the acetone
                            BEWARE!

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                              Beware the acetone
                              BEWARE!
                              acetone is good, around 1-2% mixture is good, google is a wonderful tool. i have been using it for years in cars and bikes and never had any issues, apart from good ones
                              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                              X