Gs 750 carb rebuild help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 750 carb rebuild help please

I want to rebuild the carbs on my 1981 gs750. I can't seem to be Abel to find any complete rebuild kits for them. Everything I see is for 77-79 any help!! Or a place where I could find them would be appreciated!

You don't need any "kits". What you need is a full set of o-rings from cycleorings.com and a can of Berryman's Carb Cleaner Dip.

I see that you are new, so

Take a few moments to introduce yourself over on the Owner's forum, you will get the FULL welcome package from our resident Welcome Wagon host, BassCliff. Virtually ALL the information you will EVER need to work on your GS will be found on his site.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You don't need carb rebuild kits. Go to www.cycleorings.com and get the orings from Robert Barr (a member here) and get yourself some Berryman's carb dip in the gallon can. The rebuild kits contain inferior parts and your existing jets will work just fine. Grab some gaskets from Z1 or the like if you need them.

I'm not positive right now if Basscliff has been by to welcome you but go to http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/ and download Nessism's carb rebuild tutorial.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Cool thanks guys this should be real helpful!!

Comment

I also prefer to replace the fuel bowl gaskets, as chances are they are 30+ years old: http://www.z1enterprises.com/Carb-Fl...Yamaha-47.aspx

Comment

Working...
          X