Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Petcock question

I purchased this petcock from Z1 a few months ago:

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

However, it has the fuel and vaccum lines on the right side, instead of the rear like the oem part.

I am going to replace the fuel line as I am rebuilding the carbs. I wonder if this petcock will still work if I just purchase a longer fuel line and vaccum line?

I am not sure fuel will flow as it would be wrapped around the petcock to the right? Any ideas?

If it fits and you don't use really thin walled fuel hose it will work. Just check that the hose doesn't get pinched anywhere and especially that the tap and the hoes clear the #1 carb.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
      If it fits and you don't use really thin walled fuel hose it will work. Just check that the hose doesn't get pinched anywhere and especially that the tap and the hoes clear the #1 carb.

What's the tap?

Comment

I used the same petcock on my 79. I extended my fuel line a fair bit farther to the right side to allow it to bend without kinking too much. Worked fine, good petcock. On my 79 tank I had to open the tank hole a bit more, just used a file and a wet rag.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by GS650E_81 View Post
          What's the tap?
          That little lever you swing to and fro, like a beer tap! You might want to get the special washers that go under screws ( have rubber insert)- unlikely you'll be able to reuse yours, and it's best not to have fuel dripping on your shoes.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X