Damaged Pilot Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pendulum View Post
    I had one hole that was a bit larger than the others, and it doesn't seem to be causing any problems so far.
    Thanks Pendulum. Guess we'll just see what happens. I have my O Rings but am still waiting on Gaskets and Wintergreen Oil to boil my Intake Boots in.

Also, I think we may kind of be in the same boat as far as your signature goes. Not sure if I paid too much or not but the more I tear into this bike the more I realize exactly how much maintenance it needs ha ha.

Well, some of that is me being OCD too, and telling myself "when I'm finished this bike is going to be PERFECT". Honestly I could *get away* with just cleaning out the carbs.

Comment

Better keep an eagles eye oin that wintergreen..too long and youll have slurry in the pan. The stuff will literally soften them to the point of being black slime.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        Better keep an eagles eye oin that wintergreen..too long and youll have slurry in the pan. The stuff will literally soften them to the point of being black slime.
        Thanks again chuck.

Comment

Someone on the Honda DOHC forum posted a picture of some boots that were literally one giant glob of black putty like residue..EPIC FAIL. I dont think you need to boil them..just mix them oil and water and let them sit in it. I tried the anti freeze on the airbox boots on my 76 CB750A Hondamatic. They sat in straight anti freeze for 4 days and there was no change..
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I have heard of people putting them in a drill and filing a new point into the screw

Comment

Working...
            X