gs1100 carbs rubber plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100 carbs rubber plug

Why do some gs1100 carbs not have the rubber plug (#39 in the photo) under the pilot jet?

80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

On some of the carbs, there is no passage between the pilot jet tube.
    Some of my 36CV's are that way. Perhaps you have 36CV carbs?

Daniel

Comment

You're right, there is no passage under the pilot. I just measured them though, & they are 34's.
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Whatever you do... don't add one as it won't get any gas.

Daniel

Comment

I knew it wasn't there for a reason, no worries.

Comment

Ive never seen a 34 mm Cv without them but theres lots of stuff Ive never seen

Comment

Here's a pic from the GS1100 manual. It looks like the fuel pickup through the main jet body is lower in the float bowl than is the pilot jet. I have read that these carbs are very sensitive to fuel height.

I don't know about "all 34mm CV carbs", but I have seen many other Mikuni CV carbs that don't have this plug. From my recollection, the main and pilot jets are not at the same height even on the ones without the plug, so no idea why they made the carbs this way on the 1100.

Comment

Working...
              X