Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone set up a GS1100 with Mikuni RS36 carbs and pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone set up a GS1100 with Mikuni RS36 carbs and pods?

Just curious. Wondering how tricky tuning a set of RS36 Mikunis with pods and a fairly stock set of pipes would be. A lot of the time the talk is about how difficult tuning CV carbs with pods is. If anyone has tried the RS36 carbs on a GS1100 I would be very interested in how it went.

Thanks!

The RS carbs are very easy to tune with pods, they are meant to be used that way. With stock pipes you might need to go down on the jetting somewhat. With a proper exhaust system (4-1 aftermarket) the jets that come in them are pretty close if you're at low altitude.

Comment

Cool - thanks! The pipes aren't strictly stock but they are patterned on the stock pipes. I just like the look of a 4-2 with reverse cone mufflers on this bike. The guy who made them said he put in a baffle that is just tack-welded in place so it will knock out easily to make the pipes flow freer.

But going down a size on the jets sounds fine to me.

Comment

Jimmy, they should have a 17.5 pilot jet, the needle clip on the 3rd from the top groove, & a 130 main to start with. Mixture screws 1/2 turn out to start & tune from there. Ray.

Comment

Awesome - thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X