choke cable 79 GS1000L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choke cable 79 GS1000L

I had my bike up on the back stand to replace the stator. I moved the wheel all the way to the left and right a few times to get the crash bars off. When this job was all said and done the choke cable would not pull up. Instead of going the correct way and pulling off the gas tank to see why it was binding I pulled hard until it broke... I can reach in there and lift the linkage to accuate the choke which then springs back to "choke off" so I think I'm still okay there. I've ordered a new cable and want to know if there are any caveats so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Originally posted by Rodman View Post
    I had my bike up on the back stand to replace the stator. I moved the wheel all the way to the left and right a few times to get the crash bars off. When this job was all said and done the choke cable would not pull up. Instead of going the correct way and pulling off the gas tank to see why it was binding I pulled hard until it broke... I can reach in there and lift the linkage to accuate the choke which then springs back to "choke off" so I think I'm still okay there. I've ordered a new cable and want to know if there are any caveats so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks
    Route it correctly.
    There should be a diagram somewhere in BassCliff's welcome in your manual.

Eric

Comment

I pulled the old cable and found 3 bad areas. I have attached a pic so if you have a similar problem this could be why.

Comment

Working...
      X