Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
    A lot more expensive.

But mine are Bausch and Lomb. American made, probably back during WWII!

Comment

I just got one of these. You can use either magnifier or stack them for even more magnification. More than sufficient for checking jet orifices....

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Gotta repeat it. Pin drills. If you know what you are doing, you will get the most clogged jets cleaned without even soaking them - but I soak them briefly anyway afterwards to remove any deposits. Just be careful to fit the drill shank in first to verify that you have the correct diameter drill before using the fluted end to clean out the varnish or corrosion clogging the jet. This is a much better approach than soaking and poking with a steel wire.

Comment

For less then $10 you can buy a small roll of guitar string in every size they make. Thats what I use to clean my pilots and the small orfices. Make sure the air jet holes are clean also, no vent no fuel flow. You didnt say or I missed it as far as what carbs we are talking about

Comment

For about $15.00 including shipping, you can not waste time/money playing with them and just get NEW ONES from Z1.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              So I think Josh is correct and it's nothing but the light playing tricks on me. After soaking them for 9 hours and spraying them with both carb cleaner (full spray out all holes) and my air compressor, I still see the lines in there. Funny thing, they don't move or change as I rotate the pilot jet so it makes me thing it's not really in there.

So, I will dip the other two bowls tomorrow morning and repaint later this week.

Thanks for the help.
              You're prolly right. I had this happen to me when I was doing the carbs on the Magna. Looked like a little eyelash or something. BUt the same as you, it wasnt moving. I think it was some type of reflection or something.
              They work fine!
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                For about $15.00 including shipping, you can not waste time/money playing with them and just get NEW ONES from Z1.

Eric
                D@mn, Eric, you're right! Z1 has some of the best prices I have seen on new Mikuni pilot jets.

Of course, using pin drills is cheaper and you don't have to wait for shipping.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-15-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

As I have more than one of these, I keep several full sets of pilot jets in stock for immediate use. #32-50
                  No waiting on shipping as I choose to THINK AHEAD rather than wait.

Eric

Comment

Thanks Eric but I'll use these for now. Besides, I had to buy additional terminals tonight as I've messed up way too many on this harness.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                    X