No announcement yet.

Leaks gas while on kickstand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, thought I'd read it all, must overlooked the obvious.

ah, post #5, we all make mistakes, only trying to help
    Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by System9 View Post
      I didnt get any replies on whether or not my needle jet was put in backwards by the previous owner, can anyone verify this from my photo? I'm not even sure if this photo is showing up, but here it is again.

It's not so much that anything is backward or upside down; it's just that the visible portion of the jet is supposed to be secured to the carb body, via an interference fit between the bore and that little O-ring you can see.

I can't find my 450 guinea pig right now, but that jet should require some fairly substantial force to insert upward into the carb body. That's what holds it in.

There shouldn't be any friction as it sits in the bowl cavity there -- if you tip that bowl, the jet should fall out.

The O-ring on there is like the three bears story; it has to be jusssst right. Close isn't good enough on that one.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Problem solved

I recently purchased an old set of carbs from ebay. Today I noticed that my original floats in the carb that was leaking were convex, as if someone purposely pinched them really hard. And even though they were still air tight, and measured the same as the float in the other carb, I guess shape has alot to do with it. I thought they were made this way.
        I swapped it for one of the floats from my ebay carbs (after cleaning them) and there was absolutely no leak. Even at the ludicrous angle my bike is at while on the side stand.

Comment

Working...
        X