flooding after carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flooding after carb rebuild

after i adjusted the valves on my Gs550E, the carbs flooded like crazy. so i rebuilt the carbs, letting each body soak for 24 hours or so then reassembled and set the float height to spec. right now i have the original airbox and filter, and a yoshi 4-1. my mains are at 87.5 and i raised the needle one clip. i also installed a new petcock from z1 enterprises. when i filled the tank, she fired right up but would only run on choke. i was able to ride around the block, after lettign it warm up a bit but still it dies without choke. so i let it sit overnight as it was late and today it wont start at all. it wants to start and i get a little putter here and there, but nothing. i pulled the plugs and they were pretty much dry, so i drained the float bowls and let all the gas gush out. then i set it on PRI and tried again and it still wouldnt start. the battery is charged and it ran yesterday so im at a loss here. could it be a stuck float valve? or did i set my needle too high? any help would be greatly apopreciated as today is the first nice day all winter

I'm on #90 mains for pods + straight pipes. I'd suggest backing down to like an 85.

Set the clip to the 3rd notch from the top. If you raised it (2nd notch from top) you're probably too lean, which is why it needed choke to run.

Did you use new o-rings from Cycle O-Rings when you rebuilt the carbs?
    Are you measuring float height from the raised rib on the gasket surface?
    What's your big idle adjustment screw set to?

Comment

If it would only run on choke yesterday, your primary circuit is still restricted.

Comment

i set the needle to the second clip from the bottom, so i moved the washer one clip down the needle raising it up. i do have brand new cycle orings in as part of my rebuild. i measured the floats from the flat spot where there gasket would sit on beside the float

Comment

Working...
        X