More airbox questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More airbox questions

Does anyone know the size of the two bolts that fasten the airbox to the frame on a 79 GS100L? Mine are missing, and it is shown on the fiche on boulevard, but it doesn't give a number for it, or a description.

Also, while I was messing around the other day trying to sort that out, I had it running and when I would rev it, fuel would come trickling out of the drain hole on the airbox. Do I have stuck floats?

I have tested the petcock and it functions properly as far as I can tell. I have NOT rebuilt the carbs yet. I ordered new carb boot o-rings and hex hardware from Robert Barr, but have not tackled that yet either. I've kind of been waiting until I have all of the pieces of the puzzle to put back together before I tear everything apart. I'm hoping my carb boots are still good.

The bolts are M6 and about 20mm long (plenty of room if they're too long).

And it sounds like you have stuck float(s) or faulty float valve(s) or just incorrectly set float height(s).
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Should be 10mm bolts. Try looking at fiches on alpha-sports.com

Comment

HampshireHog is right, 6mm by 20mm long (I just bought some two weeks ago).
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I guess I haven't messed with metric hardware enough. Are there different thread pitches, or will that be standard?

And thanks for the help so far.

Comment

I believe the 6mm only has the one sort of pitch but I'll have to look at mine again when I get home. Sorry.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
            X