Compatible Honda airbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatible Honda airbox?

I am looking for an airbox for my '81 Suzuki gs 650 gx. At a local salvage yard I found an intact airbox in good condition on a Honda 650. Although the Honda uses Keihn carbs I am wondering if it would be close to compatible for my GS? I am not sure if the Keihn carbs have a smaller port diameter than my GS carbs. The Honda airbox on this bike is very similar to the one shown in my Clymer manual (I am not sure what the orignal airbox on my bike looked like. Would this be a possibility?

I have a complete airbox assembly for your bike with the mounting hardware that you are sure to be missing.
    PM if interested.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by ty998 View Post
      I am looking for an airbox for my '81 Suzuki gs 650 gx. At a local salvage yard I found an intact airbox in good condition on a Honda 650. Although the Honda uses Keihn carbs I am wondering if it would be close to compatible for my GS? I am not sure if the Keihn carbs have a smaller port diameter than my GS carbs. The Honda airbox on this bike is very similar to the one shown in my Clymer manual (I am not sure what the orignal airbox on my bike looked like. Would this be a possibility?
      It would be highly unlikely to fit- the stock Suzuki airbox barely fit -many people can testify to this!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for offer 7981GS. I will send you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          I have a complete airbox assembly for your bike with the mounting hardware that you are sure to be missing.
          PM if interested.

Eric
          Let me know if you got my PM. After sending the message my account does not show any sent PMs. Thx.
          Possibly it just takes awhile to populate.?

Comment

You have to configure your options to save your PMs in the sent folder. Go to the User CP, Edit Options, and about half way down the page is the option to save your sent messages
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ah. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
              X