No announcement yet.

flat black bbq paint on exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I ground down the KerKer label on the aluminium exhaust part and thenb painted it....lol...hey I'm a newbie cut me some slack...ha ha

ok bottle of wine later and for some reason the last thing I think of before bed is going on this forum....lol I have a problem......GSitis!!!

thx for the posts.

Comment

They fit right in the oven

Comment

how did you get your wife to let you do that? ha ha
        I did 2 coats of the bbq paint ...I'll let you know how it goes once I fire her up again.

Comment

My wife is fine with it.Yes I know how lucky I am

Comment

I used a rustcutting wheel (it looks like it's a sponge, but is as hard as a rock) and gave my headers a full once over and then a couple of coats of VHT. No polishing or once-overing with wd40 and aside from the prev-owners dents that i had painted over, they have a nice almost-titanium satin finish. Once it had a few heat cycles through it, it seems it is now rather durable. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
              you can't tell me leaving them like this would have been better ??

in time the shine will go away and they will be back the way they were, I didn't put anything on the pipe once I polished the can

by the way anyone have a dent free set of the headers ??????? so I don't have to try and fix mine.....
              My tongue was in my cheek................

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                My tongue was in my cheek................
                LOL

spit it out......hehehehehe

Comment

Working...
                X