Add on vacuum device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add on vacuum device

Someone recently posted a picyute of an inline vacuum operated fuel shut off..round thing with 3 nipples on it..can you repost with a link please.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Hey Chuck, plumb one of these in, they don't break, you will just have to keep going fast to keep the juice flowing.

Comment

Chuck, aren't you the one who posted that Pingel shutoff valve?

I surfed the web a bit and didn't find anything else other than that Pingel, stock petcocks, or shutoffs operated with an electric solenoid. Why are you looking for this? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a new Suzuki vacuum petcock? Certainly cheaper than that Pingel.

FWIW, I have a Pingel on my Harley, but would not buy one again. It works great, but it doesn't have any advantage over much cheaper petcocks other than it's nice to look at.

And Flyboy, I always thought it would be cool to mount on of those vacuum generator whateveryoucallums inside one of my gear doors. It would be a nice source of alternate vacuum if my pump went out.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay View Post
        It would be a nice source of alternate vacuum if my pump went out.

I knew an ol timer who had one plumbed in and sitting on the floor. If his pump took a poop in the soup he could pop open the pilots vent window and stick it out and get vacuum for his gyro.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Ajay..yes i did post and ask about that pingle I found..but thats not the one someone had psoted about a few weeks back.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            Ajay..yes i did post and ask about that pingle I found..but thats not the one someone had psoted about a few weeks back.
            Was it this one? (from your Pingel thread) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-Vaccum-...sories&vxp=mtr
            Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              I knew an ol timer who had one plumbed in and sitting on the floor. If his pump took a poop in the soup he could pop open the pilots vent window and stick it out and get vacuum for his gyro.
              There actually is a wind-turbine driven alternator (maybe with a vacuum pump too) that hangs inside gear doors. I believe they have an STC for the Mooney, but it's a lot of money for the amount of flying I get in.

Comment

Working...
              X