Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carb tuning in NJ - anybody have a manometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb tuning in NJ - anybody have a manometer?

I'd rather buy a tool than pay a shop to sync my carbs
    but i'd rather not buy a tool i might only use once.

i'm hoping someone somewhere in NY/NJ (maybe with a larger bike collection than my 1) has a manometer and wouldn't mind letting me use it. I'll bring a sixer or a bottle of booze.

aaron

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post

i'm hoping someone somewhere in NY/NJ (maybe with a larger bike collection than my 1) has a manometer and wouldn't mind letting me use it. I'll bring a sixer or a bottle of booze.

aaron
    Which carb were you wanting balanced for that?

Someone should be in that area that can lend you a hand.

Comment

If I were closer I would help you. But let me ask: are you planning to get rid of the bike (or bikes altogether)? Twins and even FI bikes need to be vacuum sync'd. It's recommended to do it before each season, or as other circumstances require (after valve adjustment, carb rebuild, etc.). So if you like riding you'll probably use it more than once...

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
        If I were closer I would help you. But let me ask: are you planning to get rid of the bike (or bikes altogether)? Twins and even FI bikes need to be vacuum sync'd. It's recommended to do it before each season, or as other circumstances require (after valve adjustment, carb rebuild, etc.). So if you like riding you'll probably use it more than once...
        worth note - appreciate the insight. i did just adjust valves which is why i'm trying to do it now.

i got it in my head that it was just every 3 or 5 years somehow. maybe i'll pony up for a morgan carbtune - been eying it a bit

Comment

Working...
        X