Intake boot o-ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake boot o-ring

If my intake boot o-rings are bad what problems will this cause?...Thank You. 1978 GS 1000

Rising idle. You may have your idle adjusted, but notice after riding for a while that it climbs.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Your engine will run hot also, due to a lean air/fuel mixture.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

cycleorings carries them. He is once again a GSR member also, Robert Barr

Comment

depending on how bad they actually are, they could cause most every issue from a no start/hard start to fluctuating idle to holed pistons and everything in between!!

Comment

The fact of the matter is that if they are bad they need to be replaced. A lean condition will be created which could do many bad things to your engine ($$).

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
              cycleorings carries them. He is once again a GSR member also, Robert Barr
              Come on, K_K, he has always been a member.

He just has a GS again.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Come on, K_K, he has always been a member.

He just has a GS again.

Ah, I did not know that, he was never around. I stand corrected.

Comment

C'mon guys, post the link for him:

The same symptoms can also be caused by intake boots starting to separate.

Comment

Even more information can be found here....

Hi Mr. Green Farmer,

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                      Even more information can be found here....
                      Thank you very VERY much!

Comment

no problem....glad to be of help....

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                          Ah, I did not know that, he was never around.
                          Never around!

Geez, I've been skulking around this website since Nebuchadnezzar was in here dissing various chariot manufacturers, and yapping about what posers those gladiators were...

and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                          __________________________________________________ ______________________
                          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                            Never around!

Geez, I've been skulking around this website since Nebuchadnezzar was in here dissing various chariot manufacturers, and yapping about what posers those gladiators were...

Note keyword.
                            Glad you got another GS, btw.

Comment

Working...
                            X