Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thottle cable?

Hello all,

I have slowly been working on the 1982 GS650G that I received last year (after it had been sitting for over 10 years). Finally got the carbs cleaned and reinstalled today but I am having trouble finding where the throttle cable end goes. If anyone has pics or can let me know in detail, it would be appreciated.

This is my first rebuild of a motorcycle, usually I stick with bicycles.

Thanks,
    Morgolf

Comment

Looked through those and I still can not find where the cable goes in front of the carbs.

Comment

If I'm reading the fiche picture right, it should go on part number 22 in this picture

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Comment

Part # 24 should be attached to the front of carb #3 as shows in the pic Cowboy posted; that's where the end of the cable outer cable sleeve bolts with the two nuts on it (the forked part sticking out of the front). You'll probably have to roll that throttle bracket on the carb (#22) back a bit (as if you were rolling on the throttle) to attach at the bottom end. There's a round hole to slip the cable end in, with a small slit cut in one side to pass the cable itself through.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
              There's a round hole to slip the cable end in, with a small slit cut in one side to pass the cable itself through.
              Apply some synthetic grease there while you are at it.

Eric

Comment

Using that pic and referencing the center arrow:
                Part 24 is just above the arrowhead
                The arrow is pointing directly at the throttle cable
                Part 22 is right at the bottom, you can only see the top of it, but you can see the groove the cable sits in.

Comment

Thank you very much! I think that I may have to remove the carbs to get to it, but perhaps if I just roll the bracket back, I could slip the cable in without removing the carbs.

Again, thank you all.

Comment

Oh, good luck with that. I've never been able to get the throttle cable connected with the carbs in the intake boots: there just wasn't enough clearance. I can get it hooked up if I pull the carbs just out of the boots, no need to remove them all the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X