Carb Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Boots

Where do you all get carb boots? I saw Z1 has some.. Wondering if I can find them cheaper anywhere. Thanks.

Z1, Boulevard Suzuki, G&S Suzuki, any of the parts folks in your MegaWelcome from Basscliff.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

all pretty close to the same

Originally posted by JStones View Post
      Where do you all get carb boots? I saw Z1 has some.. Wondering if I can find them cheaper anywhere. Thanks.
      If you want new, I couldn't find any one that stood out cheaper for that part, I looked quite a bit, comes down to shipping cost, order service, and how long it takes before they ship the part. Partshark.com and Z1 are fair and good.

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I have used Z1 a good 10 times or so before. I just cant believe those boots are that much. My bike has been running slightly lame all the sudden after running great and I found a crack in the 2nd boot thats sucking air in.

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I have used Z1 a good 10 times or so before. I just cant believe those boots are that much. My bike has been running slightly lame all the sudden after running great and I found a crack in the 2nd boot thats sucking air in.
          What is running lame? Mine has no mid range about 4000 rpm, I was going to try carb boots. What symptoms do you have?
          KID
          1980 GS1000G Full vetter touring pack (getting closer)

Comment

They are pricey, but you only need to purchase them once. They will last another 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
              They are pricey, but you only need to purchase them once. They will last another 30 years.
              Ditto that koolaid, Boulevard has them for $ 24.22 ea. plus shipping, takes about a week.

Comment

I'm gonna be buying some used ones off my friend for $30 total. My boots were 90% jb weld when i took them off. 2 of them ripped in half taking them off smh

Comment

How I am defining Lame in this case... Mine has no beginning-mid range as well. Once I get going the power "comes back". I found the air getting pulled in through a crack on the 2nd carb boot. I ordered a new set of Boots. Before I ordered I put some sealant on it, let it dry overnight and the next day the bike ran like a champ. All power issues gone. So it confirmed my issue. Hoping to have new boots by weekend to install. Hope this helps.

Comment

How I am defining Lame in this case... Mine has no beginning-mid range as well. Once I get going the power "comes back". I found the air getting pulled in through a crack on the 2nd carb boot. I ordered a new set of Boots. Before I ordered I put some sealant on it, let it dry overnight and the next day the bike ran like a champ. All power issues gone. So it confirmed my issue. Hoping to have new boots by weekend to install. Hope this helps.
                    Thanks for the additional information. Sounds like what mine is doing. Looks like I'll be buying some carb boots.
                    KID
                    1980 GS1000G Full vetter touring pack (getting closer)

Comment

Working...
                    X