Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggested Air Screw setting for Drag pipes & K&N's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggested Air Screw setting for Drag pipes & K&N's...

Hi all, I've jus rebuilt the carbs on my GS 850GZ carbs but wondered what the settings might be for the above set-up..?
    thanx all.
    Btw I've upjetted from 115's to 150's.
    Xxx

Drag pipes ?????????????

Comment

My 1100 has a monster pipe 2.5" clear ID! Ended up with a smaller 160 air jet and the skinny little dynojet needle raised to the last notch to get it clean throughout the rev band. Looking for a smaller pipe, cause while the top end just smokes, the mid range is not so great. Would rather have a good midrange and a decent top for daily riding. YMMV.

Comment

Highest idle method seems to work well regardless of in and out mods.

With the bike off. First, turn all for screws GENTLY to their seats, and back out 2-1/2 turns. Start the bike, warm her up to Temp, adjust your idle down to about 800. Then adjust your individual carb air mixture screws one at a time. Turn the screw gently about a quarter turn out, wait a few seconds, listen, if the idle climbs slightly, turn the screw 1/8th back, then move to the next Carb.

Of course, this alll assumes that you have correctly re-jetted your carbs for the modified intake and exaust.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarat View Post
          Drag pipes ?????????????
          yes, well, straight through Harris F3 exhaust, baffels removed... (i know, i know) but i like it loud AND proud.

XXXX

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay View Post
            My 1100 has a monster pipe 2.5" clear ID! Ended up with a smaller 160 air jet and the skinny little dynojet needle raised to the last notch to get it clean throughout the rev band. Looking for a smaller pipe, cause while the top end just smokes, the mid range is not so great. Would rather have a good midrange and a decent top for daily riding. YMMV.
            thank you. thats interesting about raising the needle, i'll try that.
            XXXX

Comment

Originally posted by keman View Post
              Highest idle method seems to work well regardless of in and out mods.

With the bike off. First, turn all for screws GENTLY to their seats, and back out 2-1/2 turns. Start the bike, warm her up to Temp, adjust your idle down to about 800. Then adjust your individual carb air mixture screws one at a time. Turn the screw gently about a quarter turn out, wait a few seconds, listen, if the idle climbs slightly, turn the screw 1/8th back, then move to the next Carb.

Of course, this alll assumes that you have correctly re-jetted your carbs for the modified intake and exaust.
              thanx Keman. I'll try that, though i didnt hear much change ov engine pitch when fiddling. i'll go have another fiddle but i'll clean my ears out first.

XXXSeanaXXX

Comment

Working...
              X