No announcement yet.

if its cold, forget it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 650 had an ether addiction too, it turned out to be bad spark!
    I installed new Spark Plug Wires, new Plug Caps, and did the Coil Mod...WOW!!!

Comment

It is supposed to need choke when cold.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

In this order....

Valve adjustment.
        Refresh plug ends by cutting about 1/4 inch off each of them and rescrew the caps back on..dab of dielectric grease on the post in the cap wont hurt either.
        Check points..you stated you already did though.
        Start and check timing.
        Sync the carbs.

I do have to ask if you have replaced the intake manifold orings. Think of things as a daisey chain..cant do one without having an effect on the other. So doing all of them and getting everything within specs keeps the chain equally strong in all the links.
        Last edited by chuck hahn; 03-22-2012, 10:41 AM.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Might as well replace the plug caps if you're going to trim the wires. If you store your bike outside, and don't cover it, you might try covering it so condensation is minimized. especially if you keep your points.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            In this order....

Valve adjustment.
            Refresh plug ends by cutting about 1/4 inch off each of them and rescrew the caps back on..dab of dielectric grease on the post in the cap wont hurt either.
            Check points..you stated you already did though.
            Start and check timing.
            Sync the carbs.

I do have to ask if you have replaced the intake manifold orings. Think of things as a daisey chain..cant do one without having an effect on the other. So doing all of them and getting everything within specs keeps the chain equally strong in all the links.
            thanks, very good advice, i will be sure to remember this next time i have to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by cableguy View Post
              Might as well replace the plug caps if you're going to trim the wires. If you store your bike outside, and don't cover it, you might try covering it so condensation is minimized. especially if you keep your points.
              i keep it under a 3-walls-closed in car port, do you think i should still cover it? its a ever other day if not daily rider.

Comment

Working...
              X