Sea foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea foam

I was gonna do a sea foam treatment on my bike in the gas and in the oil. Yay or nay peeps

It's fine in the gas, I wouldn't put it in the oil, no telling what it would do to the clutch.
    [IMG]http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17315&dateline=1440711157[/IMG]'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

No worries in the oil either. I checked with one of their chemists and its formulated to work with oil too. I add it to old but new to me engines if I don't know the history and before I do an oil and filter change. Run about a 1/3 to 1/2 a can for about 500 miles and you will amazed by the gunk that comes out. I'm sure it can unclog dirty passages.

I also use it in every tank full ( a couple of caps full) and about 1/3 of a can in a full tank as a winter stabilizer.

Very good stuff IMHO.

Cheers,
      spyug

Comment

The S in GSR stands for Seafoam!
        We all use it.
        [IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu50/Rover_23/1980%20GS1000/gs100080021-1.jpg[/IMG]
        1978 GS1000C
        1979 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000E
        2004 Roadstar

Comment

I use it in the tank about every other fill. Never have tried it in the oil but I am strongly thinking about it. I have found a place to buy the Seafoam for $7.99 and I'm happy!

Comment

NEVER use it in a motor oil with a "wet" clutch!! It WILL cause slippage.

Comment

Great input guys thanks I bought two cans so I'm glad!

Comment

Do NOT put that in your oil. Not only because of the wet clutch, but also because of the motor in your particular bike.
                It's a plain bearing crank motor. Sure it'll knock a bunch of crap loose. And that crap could lodge in an oil port and you'll fry a cam or eat a bearing.

Put oil in your engine. That's it. Change it every 2000 miles or so, and you'll be fine.
                Seafoam in the tank is one thing. I would never put that in my cases.

Comment

By stock in the company.

I agree with Josh...not in my oil. If I'm feeling a little frisky and think an engine "needs a liquid Roto Rooter", I'll run a change of synthetic through it.

GREAT STUFF !

Comment

Agree about not putting it in the oil. I do however put type "F" atf in a crank case before a rebuild and run it for around 200 miles then do the tear-down.

Comment

Hi guys is seafoam safe with tank liners? Don't want to strip the new lining I just put in my tank Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wdavie View Post
                        Hi guys is seafoam safe with tank liners? Don't want to strip the new lining I just put in my tank Cheers
                        They sell seafoam in England? I thought the English had more respect for their enviroment! Should be fine- how much seafoam were you going to put in with how much gas?
                        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

it's called Tea-foam!

Comment

Think my old mothers tea would clean carbs, would also strip lining on the tank though and perish all the rubber it came into contact with Tom yes we can buy it in the UK through the bay of E, going to get some then for my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by wdavie View Post
                              Think my old mothers tea would clean carbs, would also strip lining on the tank though and perish all the rubber it came into contact with Tom yes we can buy it in the UK through the bay of E, going to get some then for my bike.
                              I tried to get some from our Uk *bay dealer ,they took my money ,then returned it 2 days later saying they had stopped selling ,thank you paypal..........

Comment

Working...
                              X