No announcement yet.

Sea foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while I have never used sea foam in my gs engine, I can tell you that running any engine for more than a few minutes with it in the oil is a good way to make yourself need a rebuild. if you do put it in the oil, let it run only untill the thick white smoke stops pouring from the exhaust and immediately change the oil and filter.

scratch that, I just remembered the white smoke came from sucking it into a vacume hose, so about 5 minutes if its in the oil.

Comment

I'll only be using it in the fuel. Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Originally posted by wdavie View Post
        I'll only be using it in the fuel. Thanks for all the replies
        As an alternative , you could do what I did to punish my son's ninja carbs. Disconnect vacuum line from petcock and plug carb side; run engine a bit to drop fuel level in all bowls; remove fuel line and inject/pour seafoam in line; run engine some more to get the stuff into carbs- you'll know when, cuz the engine won't be happy, but run some more. Then shut off, head to nearest pub and let the seafoam hang out. Maybe couple hours- I waited overnight-it just might work some magic. Restart in open area, preferably in dark so neighbors don't panic.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X