carb spitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb spitting

I have 1979 gs 750 with 850 cylinders and pistons 4 into1 pipe and pods. Main jets are 115 and pilot jets are 15. The pilot air screws have to be almost all the way in to make it idle right and then still get some spits back through carbs. Questions are, what size pilot jets should I try? What do the jets on the bottom at the front of the float bowl do and where should they be set? There are new o rings on the intake boots already. I have had those carbs off many times and can't get them right. Now I need some good advice because I haven't had any luck on my own. It has great power after it gets past what I think is the lean condition at the bottom.... I would like to say, I bought this bike new back in 79 and have had it in almost every state west of the Mississippi. I feel like it is an old friend by now. Thanks for any help

What else have you done to the bike? If it is backfiring through the carbs, are you sure your ignition timing is spot on? Points on that?

Comment

carb spitting

The points and condenser have been replaced with dyna ignition and all the connections have been cleaned. I would like to know about those jets on the bottom in front of the float bowl.. They are hard to adjust without removing the carbs, Especially the one by the by the cam chain tightener. I think they are air jets and might effect the idle adjustment screws on the side. When I turn the throttle quick it will hesitate. The nose will drop then the power comes on instantly and the rebound will pull the front wheel If I let it. I am 78 yrs old and wheelies are fun but I'm not into them that much anymore. This makes me think it is lean off idle.

Comment

Working...
      X