Carb Diaphragms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Diaphragms

Hello all, just wondered if anyone stateside can reccomend a business that does replacement carb diaphragms & pistons -I have Mikuni BS34SS's fitted and the only company that do replacements here in the UK have shafted me for the last time(I sent mine off and paid for "express" return 3-5 working days-HA) on the 14th of this month and they still aren't back!,I've had trouble with them over main jets before but as I said they have a monopoly on this work here. Any help is greatly recieved.Johnny

Are you looking for replacement parts or someone to work on your carbs, also, what bike are these from.

Comment

Most places list the bike…

Hey Johnny,
      Looks like most places reference the bike make and model.
      If you've salvaged those for your bike, look up the make and model of the bike they came from.
      We got some OEM suppliers over here.
      Bill
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Also, alot of people sell replacement parts on ebay or whole carb setups sometimes for what it would cost for just the diaphrams, just have to be mindful of the condition of used parts or back to where you started.

Comment

OOPS, sorry guys,was up too early to function properly!. they are fitted to a 1984 GSX1100EZ,but are the same as GS1000E post 1980,GS1000G & 1100G,1100 Katana,GSX1100 ET & EX or GS1100EX/ET and to you and the GSX1100EZ or again GS1100EZ for those in the US,does that help??? Heres a photo of the bike,the engine is in a '79 GS1000 frame(not that it really matters)

Comment

Well, here's partshark.com…

Just staying under 1982-GS1100G (my bike)
            I found this, on the home page they mench, international orders.

Have a look…
            For rubber parts, you don't wanna trust used.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

If you find anything you like, but they won't ship international, you can send it to me in the states, and for postage I'll forward it to you!

p.s. nice looking bike, even though I prefer the stock airbox look, still very nice!!

Comment

Thanks for the link Bill,and to you for your kind offer OldSchool.It might be a while before I take you up on it as in the last 6 weeks I've had to pay out about $850US on vet bills,auto parts and the diaphragms those SOB's have at the minute,this is about all the "rainy day" money we have,but when I get a bit put back together again I'll PM you but I'm guessing that it will take $200(if I read the list on the link correctly) for the parts and I've just checked, it works out just over Ł126 plus whatever we decide between us for shipping, so it will be at least 6-7 weeks before I can get that amount together.As for the bike, thanks for the comment,the filters behind the rain shield were not for fashion but because the wrecker that I bought the engine from was basically a badly shaved monkey who didn't know or couldn't remember if it had an airbox after the original bike went on fire(due to badly routed rubber oil cooler lines),I mean when I asked for the carbs he just pointed under a table and said "if you recognise them-go for it" and when I tried to use the only box I had-which was for the VM slide carbs I only had something like 2.88mm between the back of the carb casting and the airbox, and that was with no rubbers fitted to the box so pods and re-jetting it was.If the chance of a proper GSX airbox ever happens(and I can make it fit into the 1000 frame) I'd love to go back to standard as I kept the 107.5 mains the carbs came with,I'm running 117.5's with the pods.Johnny

Comment

roughly $47 to ireland from me using a flat rate box big enough to hold the parts.

Comment

Thanks for the info Old School, as I said it will take me a few weeks to raise the money.They don't need replaced-yet, but you know how it goes,2 split and the others aren't too far behind! so I would rather have them sitting ready if I notice any deterioration in performance/running when the bike begins to be used regurlary for going to watch the races here as the season starts at the end of next month.Johnny

Comment

there is a company out of uk that sells them ,not to bad on price, you might be able to get a set of old carbs off ebay with good diaphragms, or change carbs to mic round or flat slides, those diaphragm carbs suck when the go bad , wayyyyy to expencive
                      mine were like 100 each! i got lucky on ebay, some bikes they are discontinued

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
                        change carbs to mic round
                        What are these???

Comment

Who has let you down over here Johnny? Not NRP?
                          79 GS1000S
                          79 GS1000S (another one)
                          80 GSX750
                          80 GS550
                          80 CB650 cafe racer
                          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

US $20 each and ships international with a tutorial on how to replace them.
                            http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html says yamaha but they are for bs carbs universal,just sayin, and a whole lot cheaper, check em out

Comment

Originally posted by johnbb71 View Post
                              US $20 each and ships international with a tutorial on how to replace them.
                              http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html says yamaha but they are for bs carbs universal,just sayin, and a whole lot cheaper, check em out
                              I've seen those before, I've heard a few use them with good results, he mentioned wanting the slide/cylinders as well, are they damaged or missing, why do you need the entire slide?

Comment

Working...
                              X