Carb Diaphragms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnbb71 View Post
    US $20 each and ships international with a tutorial on how to replace them.
    http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html says yamaha but they are for bs carbs universal,just sayin, and a whole lot cheaper, check em out

WOW what a great deal! man thats the style i found from uk slip ons or whole slides ,but they were no where near this cheap , great find

Comment

Thanks guys

Okay hopefully in the correct order,Old Skool(sorry for misspelling your tag before!),I think he is talking about the mechanical slide type used mainly on 2 strokes ie.round slide or Mikuni RS34 flatside which are also mechanicaly operated with an arm the same as the GS550,750DB(wire wheel and rear drum braked at least in the UK) '76-79 and the GS1000HC,N and E '77-79, I thought that you had to buy the whole piston/diaphragm as a complete part because any microfische or online diagram I've ever seen has them that way.Hampshire-yup it was NRP, didn't want to name them in case they used this forum or had friends who do as I don't like to cause embarrasment if I don't have to-except to myself in which case I don't really care,also I didn't have my parts back!!!!.Johnbb, those look to be fantastic value!,will definatlet invest in 4 when funds allow-thanks.Anyway got the parts this morning, warmed them and fitted them.Hit the starter and we had life-until I let the choke off kuga,kuga,stall-oh ***k, what now? turned out that pillock here had put the drain pipe from the BOTTOM of the carbs onto the fuel tap instead of the damn vaccum pipe from the TOP, it technically shouldn't have started at all but with that fixed started fine and a quick spin up the road confirmed that if I nail it in 4th I'd better hook my feet under the footpegs-and no I'm not going to say just how fast I was going,but acceleration was enough to make me slide backwards on the seat.Once again thanks to everyone who posted for your help. Johnny

Comment

looks like I was hasty

It appears after talking with the boss from NRP that the fault in not delivering the diaphragms was with the driver who picked up the package from the company!, according to their records(and my invoice) they were sent out on the next days collection but thrown into the bloody drivers cab and left for a week,Andy the boss of NRP was very apologetic when he phoned and is now trying to get compensation from Royal Mail-if you pay for special delivery(which the company charged me for after I asked for quick turn around) and the package is not at it's destination by 1pm next day they are fined.We shall see.Johnny

Comment

This is the link you need, I think I got some kehin diaphragms from this place years ago. they came without the slide. they weren't cheap though.

GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Working...
          X