Butterflies full open...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butterflies full open...?

Howdy. I just wanted to say I finally got around to taking the carbs off my GS650-GL and found that the butterflies were full open. It seems the number 3 carb had stuck and the bike had been parked this way for many years. It was a P.I.T.A. to get them off, but now they are and its time to delve into it.

Those carbs look pretty good - should clean up nicely IF you follow the rules. Stuck open throttle plates are strange- does/did this bike have gizmo on handlebar to hold throttle? Nice to see another 650 being rescued.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I didn't see anything to hold the throttle. And I will either do my best to follow those rules, or make friends with someone who can. I don't see too many 650s represented, so I am glad to be bringing this one back...Any words of advice?

Comment

You've found my best advice -this site, with lots of real world advice served daily. Read up on the common problems at Basscliff's site. Everything that I've learned here indicates that these are reliable machines that have been neglected or misdiagnosed. The 650 is a great mid range bike, definitely worth the effort to return her to the road.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X