28mm mikuni carbs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28mm mikuni carbs question

Is there anywhere in the Uk I can get my 28mm mikuni carbs totaly serviced and set up,also on the
    bottom of the carbs near float bowls,there are some adjustable screws ,what are they for....
    I am back to sqaure one with mine cant get running properly over 6500rpm ,I road it to work 3miles up the road it run Rich as hell cut out wont start again.....
    lunch time 5hrs later start it up runs fine, so ride it home no problem can the atmospheric
    settings be adjusted I ask.....
    Am going to borrow another set of 28mm carbs to see if they are any better 1yr on and still cant get it sorted and getting very angry ,fast getting close to ending up hanging up my leathers after 36yrs of riding as getting fed up with being ripped off by clue less bikeshops who all want is my money and no use,tried even to buy a new set of carbs ,for it. all i get from 2 shops they told me that bike is 30yrs old ,no one want them things anymore..........

Bugger - we thought you had her sorted Steve.

Those screws underneath are the fuel screws for the pilot circuit. Anyone tinkering with your carbs who doesn't know what they are shouldn't be tinkering. Possibly got missing tips or they have been wound out too much - you'll have been mainly riding on the pilot circuit on your way to work i would have guessed.

Or sticking choke plungers?

What is your set up again (air filter / exhaust)?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
    X