Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r92.5 main jets

Folks,

I cannot express how much help you have been (either answering my questions or just by my reading of the threads) over the last year I have had my 850. That said I am a computer guy, not a mechanic; but am learning slowly.

I recently started cleaning my carbs and trying to get the bike running a bit better. The PO (or prior) decided to do "carb work" at some point. The air screw has not been touched (aluminum plugs in place). I am unsure about the pilot screw(forgot to see what size but will update tomorrow).

The main jet however is a R92.5. Now he had installed some generic pod filters so I assume he went with those main jets due to that? Would there be another recommendation for jets with pod filters? / I should go with 115's with a stock airbox yes?

Another thing to note...I have no idea what effect the exhaust is having on the bike. the current exhaust is a bastardization of stock pipes (from engine out) into '80-81 is virago?? mufflers welded in place.

My goal is to get it into a fairly decent shape for ~50 mile or under trips.

If I ramble / wall of text I apologize.

You need a DynoJet kit for pod filters. The stock needles are not designed to work with that much air. The jets alone won't fix the problem.

Comment

On a side note, Would airbox from an 81 850L fit an 80 850G?

I ideally want the thing to be a good bike, would love to remove the pods and go airbox.

Comment

Working...
      X