Exhaust Suddenly Seems Quieter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Suddenly Seems Quieter

Strange issue; My exhaust suddenly seems much quieter than it was a few days ago.

The changes made to the bike since the change are as follows;
    Clip-on bars (maybe throttle cable adjustment?)
    Battery Died
    Temperature dropped 20-25* literally overnight
    New plugs (exact same part number)

It also took a little while to get her started, needed constant throttle to stay running, seemed starved for fuel, but once warmed up she ran decent and was able to be shut off and started again with no issue. Rode around a bit and seemed to run okay, idled fine when stopped.

I looked inside the baffle wondering if a bird or a mouse was using my Vance & Hines pipe as a home, but the exhaust looked clear.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the outside air temps dropping from the mid-low 50's into the upper 20's, but no way to know until the warmer weather shows back up...

Any input?

It is unlikely that the exhaust is plugged by a small animal if the power is good all the way to redline.

Did you change anything else, like reinstalling a missing airbox cover? Intake noise can be considerable and the cover really mutes it.

It is possible that the glass pack fibers (or remnants thereof!) have shifted a little or perhaps gotten water soaked, resulting in a muted sound. Consider pulling the baffle out to find out. This may be easier said than done - they can be difficult to pull out and you risk damaging the baffle if it is rotted. The good news is that V&H baffles are cheap and easy to find compared to others like Kerker.

Comment

Working...
    X