Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 pilot screw question & 1 choke tube question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 pilot screw question & 1 choke tube question.

Hey,

I am cleaning my 78' 550 Mikuni VM carbs, and I have 2 questions.

-Stupidly, I snapped a choke tube (hopefully you'll know what it is). Is it extremely important? Its hanging on by about half of the tube, I just straightened it out. Where could I get a new one, and how do I take it out? I kicked my chair across the garage when I found out.

-Stupidly, I screwed down a pilot fuel screw too far and broke off the tip. Its about 1/4" missing. I have a feeling I can find one easily, but where do you think is the best place to go? (I just need one)

BTW - I ordered new o-rings from cycleorings.com (good site). Ill let you all know when I break another piece.

Here's your fuel screw:
    Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

And you can solder the the choke tube - just make sure you don't block it with solder.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
      Here's your fuel screw:
      Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

And you can solder the the choke tube - just make sure you don't block it with solder.
      Thank you very much, I dont know how you found that. I think Ill get it, but it doesn't list a 550 on there. Its still going to work right?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlue View Post
        Thank you very much, I dont know how you found that. I think Ill get it, but it doesn't list a 550 on there. Its still going to work right?
        It will fit the 550 as well. Make sure you get the busted bit from your old screw out before fitting
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Apparently they just recently started selling the fuel screws. Before, there was not a source for them that I was ever able to find. Seems you lucked out.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
          X