$460.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$460.00

Orions motorsports in Tallahassee diaganosed repaired and rejetted my carbs and got my new/old baby back on the road in a timely manner. If your down this way and need an old scoot worked on they are your guys.

And to be honest, you could have paid only a quarter of that had you done the work yourself.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I tried that and could not get it feed fuel properly. I rebuilt the entire fuel system from the petcock to the intake valves and could not get it to run right.

Comment

It's good to know there still is at least one good shop.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It's good to have it going again isn't it? Sometimes it's worth it to get it back on the road. Glad the shop in Tally got it done!

Take a ride by Bradly's Country Store and eat a sausage dog for me.

Comment

So what was the problem?
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Like octain said, what was wrong with it?
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Sometimes it is just worth it to get rid of a headache.
                A competent thorough mechanic in a reputable shop is worth the moeny of they get you back in premium shape.

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                  Like octain said, what was wrong with it?
                  Vacuum leak and it needed the rejet since I was running pods, they also threw a new battery on it. I had them put the new plugs and wires on as well. I thought 460 was a bargain instead of me having to continue chasing problems.

Comment

I'm real glad you got it running well for that price. You are the exception to the rule. I paid more than that and ended up having to rebuild my carbs again myself anyway. The only difference is that I can do it myself now for a fraction of that cost. At the time I had the money, now I don't, but I can still afford to rebuild them anytime I need to.
                    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

The guys at Orion have been doing business for the better part of a decade. They have gone from a dinky shack outside of town to two dealerships in town. They did through customer service and fair pricing. They mounted my mail ordered tires for 20 bucks and did it in less than hour. Since then I buy my parts through them and have them do anything I can't figure out and never felt ripped off or been disapointed.

Comment

Having just done a lot of this work myself (enjoyed it and looking for a nother project), I do see the value to some to have a reliable, honest and reasonably priced shop that will do this type of work.

$460 to:
                        1) Rebuild carbs
                        2) Rejet carbs
                        3) Supply and install battery
                        4) Supply and install wires and plugs
                        5) Vaccuum lines
                        and do it right....sounds like a very reasonable deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blastr2783 View Post
                          Vacuum leak and it needed the rejet since I was running pods, they also threw a new battery on it. I had them put the new plugs and wires on as well. I thought 460 was a bargain instead of me having to continue chasing problems.
                          Now you can be out riding on Saturday instead of working on the bike! Sometimes it's just worth the money (if you can find a decent mechanic) to be up and running. Think of it as therapy for your motorcycle soul. You don't have to spend endless nights thinking "what the hell is wrong with it?" and "why won't thing ____ing run!" Just turn the key and ride on my friend...

Comment

Originally posted by Blastr2783 View Post
                            Since then I buy my parts through them and have them do anything I can't figure out and never felt ripped off or been disapointed.
                            THAT's the important part.

Comment

Working...
                            X