'80 GS850 GT pilot air jet size??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'80 GS850 GT pilot air jet size??

As part of my carb cleaning, I'm checking to see that all jets are the correct stock spec as I have a stock motor, airbox and exhaust.
    I've looked at all the online manuals, bikecliff's website, used the search funtion, etc, CANNOT seem to find a spec for the pilot air jet for this beast!!!
    It has 180 pilot air jets now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I also need 3 diaphragm/slider assemblies if anyone has any they'd like to sell. Thanks!

See if this works from Basscliff.....http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...eight.html#A01
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Tom. This chart does not list a pilot air jet for the GT. I'll contact Z1 and a couple of the other parts places Monday and see what they might know. Thanks again

Comment

IT will be just G model. The T references the year of your bike (1980). So it looks like you should have a 40 for a pilot jet.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

In the chart that Tom203 linked from Basscliff's website for 1980 it lists 2 different gs850's. In the "type" column there is a GT as well as one with no apparent "type" as that field is blank. Also, I know that the pilot jet is a 40, but I'm looking for the pilot air jet spec. In this chart, the 1980 gs850GT lists no pilot air jet, while the 1980 gs850 lists the pilot air jet as 200. Is it me or does this seem odd?
          Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2012, 01:14 AM. Reason: unclear

Comment

Sorry Seano, I must have misread the original post. I can't answer the question correctly on my own except to say I hope you can get it worked out soon
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
            X