Steve has the magic touch with carbs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve has the magic touch with carbs!

Just had to share this. I'd been working on my carbs this last week and was waiting for my new fuel line to arrive. Well it showed up today, and I'm in the garage within 5 minutes. I was working on the carbs because #2 had a leaking needle, and #4 had a boogered o-ring around the seat (no wonder it was always running rich - make sure you lube these things up!).

So I put everything back together and it's a struggle to get her to idle. It's idling high or not at all, feels like cylinders are dropping at idle, etc. Pulled the plugs (cleaned them while the carbs were out) and they look great. I didn't touch the screws but the sync was off so I went after that, it smoothed out a bit but still wouldn't idle smoothly where it should. Adjusted idle screws. Could barely get the thing to start. I'm about to pour my jar of gasoline on it and light it. I pull up GSR and get a hold of Steve, who calls me. I start going through the whole story of what I've done.

While I'm on the phone, I go to start it for him. Purrs like a kitten as smoothly as could be, dead on 1100RPM.

Steve, I don't know how you do it !!!! I'm just going to threaten the bike with calling you from now on when it acts up. Big, big thanks

From now on I'm going to call Steve, the Carb Whisperer
    Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2012, 09:15 PM.

Perhaps this Steve needs to get a call from that Steve to get my carbs
    perfect. Really wished it could be that easy. Your a lucky man!
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
    X