1983 SUZUKI GS450L Main Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 SUZUKI GS450L Main Jet

Is there a special tool to remove the Main Jet in My 1984 Suzuki GS450L ? It has a small notch in it ... All the carburetors I have ever rebuilt have had either a philips head screw or a regular screwdriver head.

Lookin through it I can see small pieces of dirt or rust poking out of the holes kinda looks like a porcupine.

Thank You All .. Stephen Griggs
    Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM.

Originally posted by BUSARIDER View Post
    Is there a special tool to remove the Main Jet in My 1984 Suzuki GS450L ? It has a small notch in it ... All the carburetors I have ever rebuilt have had either a philips head screw or a regular screwdriver head.

Lookin through it I can see small pieces of dirt or rust poking out of the holes kinda looks like a porcupine.

Thank You All .. Stephen Griggs

Maybe a pic would help. All the Mikunis I've seen had a regular slotted screwdriver groove. Ray
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

I took the slotted screw out of this main jet. If you look inside it has dirt poking out of it like a porcupine. This has a slot in it on the left side that looks like some kind of tool may fit it ? Or it may not come out at all ...

Thanks !!! Stephen

Comment

You are looking at the center hole? I don't know what might be in there, I've not seen that before. You might try looking at BassCliff's site. I am sure he will have the manual for your carbs there. Good luck with it. Ray
        "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
        GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
        1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
        1979 GS1000SN The new hope
        1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

If you already removed the washer under the main jet, screw the main jet back in a couple of turns and push with your finger real good. Or get a small wooden dowel and push. It will come out the other end (might be a bit sticky but it will slide out).
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

thank you cowboy. I read an online carburetor article today and it said basically the same thing. they are a little sticky so I am hoping the soaking they are doing is doing some good.
            I appreciate your reply and this site looks to be a wealth of knowledge. Hopefully I'll have her running by the weekend ?

Thanks Again ... Stephen

Comment

Working...
            X