GS1000G intake rubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G intake rubbers

Does anyone know of a supplier that stocks these parts? I'm hoping to get the bike running by the weekend, and can't find them.

I got mine from BikeBandit. It looks like they want $32.00 ea now, you can most likely find them for less.
    Last edited by OldVet66; 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I don't know what your Suzuki dealers are like in the US but a local Suzuki dealer here in Australia is where I get a lot of my bits. They are VERY fast to get parts in - if I order in the morning most stuff is in the following day. Their prices are good too, usually.

Otherwise Ebay often has 'em.

Comment

Was a set of 4 on Ebay a few days ago for 160.00. A bit high I thought.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
          I got mine from BikeBandit. It looks like they want $32.00 ea now, you can most likely find them for less.
          Just about ANYWHERE is less than the Bandit. Remember, there is a reason they have that name.

G&S Suzuki has them for $24.22.

You won't have them by the weekend, though.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for the link Steve. That was the price for mine when I got mine from the Bandit some years ago, seems they want list now.
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Fastest by far is your local dealership.

Many Suzuki dealers have web sites with online parts ordering at a discount -- poke around and you'll likely find one. Set shipping to "pick up" and go get 'em -- they should arrive in about three days.

The idea is that if you do the work of looking up your parts and prepay over the web site, they don't have to pay a parts monkey, so you get a discount. If you call or walk in, you pay full price.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Local dealer - brilliant. For some reason, I never thought they would deal with bikes over 30 years old. I went to the local dealer, ordered the parts, and I will have them by friday. Sometimes, the easiest solution is right under your nose....

Comment

When I lived in Hazel Park, I exclusively dealt with these guys, Jeff, Allen, David, and Joe are all gearheads and they will GLADLY support your classic Zooks...In fact I did so much business with them that they actually GAVE me an abandoned 82 GS1100GL ..AND passed on the owners info so I could get them to give me the title. Great bunch of guys all the way around.They are at 13 and Ryan in Warren. Quick little jaunt north off 696.

Shop Honda Suzuki of Warren in Michigan: Dealers for Honda Powersports, Honda Power Equipment and Suzuki. Find ATVs, Side by Sides, Motorcycles, Scooters, Snowblowers and Generators for Sale. Get Service, Parts & Financing, too. Visit our motorsports store near Detroit.
                  Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

When I'm after factory parts I always go to mrcycles.com. I've never had anything but fast, quality service from them. Their prices and delivery time beats my local dealer 9 time out of 10. Their online microfeche parts manuales can't be beat either.

Comment

Originally posted by fnkvn View Post
                      Local dealer - brilliant. For some reason, I never thought they would deal with bikes over 30 years old. I went to the local dealer, ordered the parts, and I will have them by friday. Sometimes, the easiest solution is right under your nose....
                      Most of them will gladly order parts for them, they just don't want to have to work on anything over 10 years old.

Anything that old is likely to have a bunch of rusty nuts and bolts, meaning that stuff will SNAP off, instead of turning off.

Several years ago, my son and I went to the Yamaha dealer to see if they had any of the parts in stock to rebuild his carbs. We had a page printed from one of the online sites with the carb fiche and the list of parts that we needed. The parts guy asked to see the list, since we had part numbers and prices. When he asked where we had gotten those prices, we simply said "Internet". He did some button pushing on his calculator then made us an offer. "Order these through me, I will match these prices. They are just a bit more than I pay for them, so you get your parts (and get them a little quicker) and I get to make a little off the deal, too." Just can't pass up a win-win situation like that.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                      X