1980 gs1000e,,, bogs down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs1000e,,, bogs down....

hi guys ,,,well yesterday i started up the bike it was a little rough ,,, coughing a couple of times ,,,but i figured i would come clean ringing its neck ,,,,,, no such luck ,,it just kept bogging down it would not get up and go ,,, just got it home ,,, i have not ridden it for possibly 6-8 months ,,, i did clean carbys 18 months ago ,,,do you think i should pull the carbs off and strip and clean ,, could they be varnished inside ?? any help would be great guys thanks oldgrumpy

Drain the carbs completely first and add fresh petrol. Check your airbox to make sure it is sealed. It could possibly be something electrical also.

Comment

Give some fresh gas the chance to work, those bikes get finiky if they sit around too long. Might want to run some sea foam in the gas also, may clean out those carbs a bit, what do you have to lose?
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

If you didn't drain the float bowls it may be a good thing to clean out those carbs again.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X