GS450TX carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450TX carb question

I had to buy replacement float needles since my carb was missing one. when I received them the new ones are longer then the OEM piece I still have. Can I still use the new needles and adjust my float height accordingly or should I try and find the shorter ones?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2012, 05:24 AM.

Here are the needles. The OEM is the far left and the others are what I just got.

Comment

Just get the right length ones- maybe someone on here has one laying around, measure the lenght of correct OEM one.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Just get the right length ones- maybe someone on here has one laying around, measure the lenght of correct OEM one.
        Does anyone out there have the correct length needles? I have everythin I need to dip clean and assemble the carbs except these. I'm willing to pay of course lol.

Comment

I'd definitely get the right ones... adjusting the float height will do all sorts of horrible things... if it doesn't hold enough fuel it may sputter and die at the wrong time...
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
            I'd definitely get the right ones... adjusting the float height will do all sorts of horrible things... if it doesn't hold enough fuel it may sputter and die at the wrong time...
            Thats what I was thinking. Got one of the carbs torn apart now and soaking in dip. Just need to find the needles and it will be ready to run again.

Comment

Where did you get those?
              I would expect Z1 to carry those, but you have to call them.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                Where did you get those?
                I would expect Z1 to carry those, but you have to call them.
                I got them from old bike barn. The seats and fuel screans are in perfect condition im just missing one float needle

Comment

OBB does not have a very good rating here on GSR: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...highlight=barn

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    OBB does not have a very good rating here on GSR: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...highlight=barn
                    I didnt have any trouble at all. i got my stuff withen 3 days or my order. maybe something in the mangement has changed but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottp1987 View Post
                      I didnt have any trouble at all. i got my stuff withen 3 days or my order. maybe something in the mangement has changed but who knows.
                      The problem is you got the wrong parts. Doesn't really matter how quickly they arrive if you can't use the parts.
                      And if they hold true to form you won't be able to get a refund.
                      I'm just saying...

Comment

I completly understand what your saying. Since i did recieve the wrong parts for my bike even after I looked it up using year make model etc... and got the wrong parts that leads me to believe that something is wrong so needless to say i will not be returning to them in the future.

Comment

Working...
                        X