GS1000EN inside left carb body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000EN inside left carb body

My inside left carb body has some bad corrosion on the face where the 'O' seals on the needle jet. I have build it up with liquid metal and it seems fine for now......but I have found this on ebay!!!...does anyone know if this is OK for the GS1000EN?...to be honest it looks fine but may well have different bores etc

Cheers

RB

Originally posted by Greenbraes View Post
    My inside left carb body has some bad corrosion on the face where the 'O' seals on the needle jet. I have build it up with liquid metal and it seems fine for now......but I have found this on ebay!!!...does anyone know if this is OK for the GS1000EN?...to be honest it looks fine but may well have different bores etc

Cheers

RB
    You can't use that carb pictured. There's no side air screw.
    Can you show a pic or the carb you repaired? Not sure of the damage you describe.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I'm glad I asked, I see what you have seen with regards to the air screw. The carb I repaired is on the bike at the moment, the area that was corroded is the chamfered face on the carb body the 'o' ring on the needle jet (bit the main jet screws into) seals against. I built it back up with liquid metal and refaced the chamfered bit as good as I could and it seems good now. If I see a better carb body (left inside) I will replace it but I am not really looking, I have a rebuild set I am about to put on the bike

RB

Comment

Working...
      X