Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!

So while assembling a good set of carbs for my 80 GS550 I am short the little springs that go under the air needle. I had two complete sets, however one set has the air needle seized so I can't get to the springs, hence the second set which I've got together, except for the air needles now. Anyone know where I can get a set?

The spring is there just to ensure that the needle is pressed up into the little cap, which is what sets the height of the needle. It also lets the needle mount loosely so it can center in the jet and the slide moves up and down.

I'm sure you can get the correct springs at your local motorcycle dealer, since it will be common to every Mikuni CV carb. But if you're feeling adventurous or lazy, I'm sure you'd be ok using any spring of about the right size and tension, maybe even one from a ball point pen if you can find one with a bigger spring in it.

Comment

I tried my local Suzuki dealer and even went to another yamaha/harley dealer...got the deer in headlight look.

IS there a set number of turns from bottom out it should start with?

Comment

springs

most say 2 too 3 turns out too start. from a soft seat . do not tighten them in to fare the tip will brake off.

i think i have one or too of them around here.

Comment

Here's a little hard work at play of them..

Comment

And another after mostly assemblied. Need to fine spec on float bowl height and I can put them on, then get springs for air needles and I should be firing it up soon!

Comment

And the bike it's self sorry...https://sites.google.com/site/teamri...g/bobber-build

Comment

Working...
              X