Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find mine have shrunk with age. Airbox pipes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find mine have shrunk with age. Airbox pipes.

I never knew they were so cheap.
    They seem to be a sort of plastic rubber.

When Ashley send me the invoice I will finally be ready for Summer.

It started snowing while I was boiling the things in Prestone.
    Strange BBQ adventure.

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
    I never knew they were so cheap.
    They seem to be a sort of plastic rubber.

When Ashley send me the invoice I will finally be ready for Summer.

It started snowing while I was boiling the things in Prestone.
    Strange BBQ adventure.
    Get your nose out of the boiling Prestone, and just where is it snowing?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Get your nose out of the boiling Prestone, and just where is it snowing?
      Krikey! Jeeps gone over the edge and started up a meth lab...just say NO Jeep!

Is this for your 550E/ES/EF? I fought with getting one of those cooperative with her own carbs a few years back. Those oddball Siamese bastards. The motor had gone "boom" in it, spat a shell off the crank and sounded like a jackhammer. Ate it up but good too, prolly had near 3/4 of an inch of slop on the journal you could grab the piston and pull it up and down like you were starting a mower. Bad times.
      The guy found a replacement motor and I spent a good portion of early cold wet ohio spring going over it and stuffing it into that frame. I don't envy you having to work on that model. One of the two most irritatingly difficult designs I've laid hands on in the GS series. One would swear half that bike was assembled from the inside out...

Anyways, got to the point where it was time to get her fired and she was mighty lean and not happy about it at all. Bucked and snarled and acted like a wild bronco at part throttle and then when you fed her the spurs shed hesitate and then near rock you off the back of the thing in protest when she got force fed the petrol. Turned out those damn airbox tubes were not sealing a bit. But it made it difficult to tell because you cant move the airbox much to see if they're biting into the carbs. They were stuff as a board though, and when I finally figured it out, installed new and she was as tame as you please. Good little bike. The PO had converted it over to later model Katana (600 maybe?) running gear, forks wheels brakes and such. Was a treat to toss around in the twisties. Fun one that thing.
      Good luck with yours!!

Comment

Working...
      X