4 to 1 header question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gs850cafe View Post
    ok good...i think ill bump up the jets an maybe raise the needles...i dont really wanna go with pods and a $100 jet kit that i might not need..

would this be the one i need?

http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=4696
    For max impact in HP from a pipe, pods are generally recommended as well as the jet kit. If that's what you're going for. Many of us end up with a pipe because finding a stock system that's in good shape or even useable shape on many models is darn near impossible sometimes. And when you do, they can cost more (sometimes wayyyyy more like those NOS gs1000 pipes on eBay a while back at $1000 plus) than a nice new aftermarket header system.

But keep in mind, even with the pods and pipe and jet kit, you're looking usually at MOST a 10% increase in HP or so. Noticeable? Sure. Worth the cash? Maybe. But modding leads to modding... It can be a sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      For max impact in HP from a pipe, pods are generally recommended as well as the jet kit. If that's what you're going for. Many of us end up with a pipe because finding a stock system that's in good shape or even useable shape on many models is darn near impossible sometimes. And when you do, they can cost more (sometimes wayyyyy more like those NOS gs1000 pipes on eBay a while back at $1000 plus) than a nice new aftermarket header system.

But keep in mind, even with the pods and pipe and jet kit, you're looking usually at MOST a 10% increase in HP or so. Noticeable? Sure. Worth the cash? Maybe. But modding leads to modding... It can be a sickness.

well my reason is cause im not a fan of the 2 exaust pipes..plus the look of a tail gunner lol

and yes modding is a sickness...every thing ive owned wasnt stock for more then a month...except this bike lol...

i think ill just buy the single jets for now..then down the road when i can afford it get the pods etc

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
        There was an interesting comparison done years ago on the 1100E exhaust with aftermarket systems, all but one produced less power than OEM, the Supertrap ws the only winner and not by very much.
        Which one was less than OEM?

Comment

ok i put the header on today with no baffle...omg i love it lol

anyways i pulled about 4500 rpm an shut it down...plugs was a white color..not bleach white, but noticeable white...

so the 125 main jets an maybe a needle shim or 2 will help right?

Comment

Working...
          X