No announcement yet.

81 Gs550T No vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its possible that if the old hose was too long it may have been sucking shut. I thought of that when you said you cut almost 2 inches off and still had length to reconnect. I had that problem with an old chevy fuel line once. The rubber hose got soft from some contaminant such as brake kleen.

Comment

The old hose was still a pretty tight fit. It was a delicate process trying to use enough force to get the hose off of the fittings without ripping/tearing it.

It also wasn't excessively long. In total, I probably cut off about 1 1/4" and was just able to reconnect it without issues.

If the hose were to be sucking itself shut, why did more RPM's fix the problem? Wouldn't it only have opened up at lower RPM's? That being said, the hose was a little soft, and it seemed probable until I thought of the RPM's being related to the amount of vacuum pressure.

Thanks for all the possible answers. Regardless, it's fixed now. I've fixed a lot of things without knowing what the hell I did. Oh well, if it works I guess I shouldn't complain.

Comment

Working...
      X