Rush 2 Ride--Start over again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush 2 Ride--Start over again

I should have known better. Never believe the previous owner and never rush the job and do it half way. I will begin the process of rebuilding the carbs--again and this time I have ordered "o" rings all around including the intake boots. Bike runs but quite lean, starts very hard and seems to flood, Idle changes by almost 500 when totally warm. Hopefully the new "o" rings and complete clean will help this. I want to get it back to stock to start. I also noticed that there were 2 head bolts not torqued. So while doing one thing I thing I need to check it all. Just can't believe the previous.
    Right now I have just 2 questions.
    1. Vent tubes, how long should they be and where should they terminate? The ones on the bike are only 6" stubs.
    2. Where can I get pilot jet plug replacements?

This site is great and I am sure there will be more questions and headaches because I like the old bikes.

Oh, I will admit it--I was a dumbass for rushing nuf said.

Here are your plugs. just ordered them myself

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Thanks, time to shop.

Comment

The vent tubes are around 12" to 16" and dangle down over the rear engine mount and point to the ground. They are not "terminated" but just dangle.

In my experience, they don't need to be any particular length but are used to vent overflow gas past the engine. Carbs will run without them but if gas does vent onto a hot engine you have a potential problem.

Be safe, rather than sorry.

Oh, I will admit it--I was a dumbass for rushing nuf said.
        That is SOP for all folks excited to get on the new ride, we have all been guilty of that at one or more times in our riding & wrenching careers, trust me

cheers,
        spyug
        Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. tpetersen,

I've been away for a while so I'm sorry if I'm late with this.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X