1980 gs1000e with cv carbys........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs1000e with cv carbys........

hi guys thanks for you help with my bike ...i did strip the standard cv carbys and soak/wash them for a couple of days,,, there was dirty fuel in 2-3 carbys bowls ,, so no i,ve got my new jets in pilots are 45/ main are 117.5... and raised the needle ,,,as well as this i did replace the white plastic washer on top of the needle with 2 small stainless washers each needle was done ,,,,my question is it is slightly popping / fluttering ..when reving it.... do i have to adjust the small air screw which is on top of each carby near the rubber inlet manifolds as they are still for my standard jets and needle position and if so by approximately how much ? your help is much appreciated regards oldgrumpy
    Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2012, 12:19 AM. Reason: info left out

Originally posted by oldgrumpy View Post
    ,,my question is it is slightly popping ....
    When ?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Why are you using the 45 pilot jets? Way too rich.

Eric

Comment

hi i,m using 45 pilots as in australia the cv carbys came standard with 40 pilots and 108 mains ... so i,ve only gone up 1 size and raised the needle up 1 regards oldgrumpy

Comment

It doesn't burn your eyes at idle?
          42.5 would be one size too much on the pilot jet.

Eric

Comment

1980 gs1000e with cv carbys ...........

hi guys ,,,i understand that i went toooooo high in my pilot ,,i looked a Z1 site today and saw my mistake ....i,m taking your advice and i,ll order some 42.5 pilots ,,,,,, currently i,ve got 117.5 mains is that going to stuff up as well /should i go to a smaller mains jet ,,eg. 112.5... the standard was 108youir thoughts please regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Do you currently have a 4 into 1 exhaust on it?
              The U.S. models come with 40 pilot's and 115 mains (lean)
              117.5's could not hurt IMHO with a stock bike.

Eric

Comment

1980 gs1000e ,,,,cv carbys ......problem,,,

yes i do have a 4 into1 system with an australia megacycle muffler on it regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Working...
                X