Carbs getting more fuel on PRI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs getting more fuel on PRI?

Just a little thing I noticed today. While I was messing with my jetting I noticed that my plugs came out more on the rich side when I had the petcock on prime vs. ON. Any ideas why? More fuel pressure? Do I have a dirty screen? Thanks again guys!

Since you usually run on "ON", I'd leave it there while you mess with jets- hopefully this flows more gas than your carbs need-and more hopefully your float needle seats are in good shape.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Right I am still going to take a look at the petcock and clean it.

Comment

PRI as well as RES draw fuel from the bottom of the tank, you could have a dirty screen in the tank or it could be the added pressure from the extra fuel weight.

If it only occurs on PRI and not the other positions then it's likely the vacuum petcock not opening as much as the PRI setting.

Not a really big deal unless the difference is big.

Comment

Originally posted by bakirkwold View Post
          Right I am still going to take a look at the petcock and clean it.
          Proceed very carefully, especially if you intend to take it apart. I cannot overstate the fragility of those things, once you get it to the point it doesn't work, it can be very frustrating to get it working again. You may try soaking it in gasoline and blowing air through the orifices first.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
          X