Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VM fuel T- suggestions from the Hive mind..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I searched ebay motors using the terms "mikuni" and "fuel tee" and got a list of three items including the one I linked to.

Are you talking about these?

Comment

Buy new or wrap?

http://www.z1enterprises.com/SearchR...rds=fuel%20tee

I've had to mess with those plastic tees on two sets, I tried a gas sealer, and putting orings in. On the third try I wrapped with plumbing Teflon tape, you can wrap as many times as you need to build up, I think I wrapped once or twice. No leaks or drips of any sort after 6 months. I wrapped all three tee's.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        How does a phone change your ability to spell?

Does not matter if you are using a phone, a "smart" phone, laptop, desktop, whatever, the secret is PROOFREAD BEFORE HITTING "SEND".

Sometimes the spell checker and the predictive text thing combine to change words into unintelligible gibberish, and sometimes the fine print is too small to read. Sometimes things are going to be spelled wrong. This happens on my laptop as well as my phone.

Mostly it's because nobody in the USA cares about appearing incredibly stupid anymore.

Like this teenage punk the other day, bermuda shorts around his knees prison style, stupid baseball hat all sideways, standing there waiting for the light to change, picking his nose and texting at the same time. The light turns green and a Jeep with a loud pipe, an automatic and a four cylinder engine floors it slowly down the road only to be cut off but another idiot in an SUV wandering across the road aimlessly.

Everytime I return from a road trip I am amazed how the idiocracy is progressing.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Sometimes the spell checker and the predictive text thing combine to change words into unintelligible gibberish, and sometimes the fine print is too small to read. Sometimes things are going to be spelled wrong. This happens on my laptop as well as my phone.
          That just leads to my plea to PROOFREAD, PROOFREAD, PROOFREAD, then SEND.

Mostly it's because nobody in the USA cares about appearing incredibly stupid anymore.
          I am afraid you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Everytime I return from a road trip I am amazed how the idiocracy is progressing.
          "Road" trip? I thought your "roads" were at Angels 35.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Absolutely!

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            How does a phone change your ability to spell?

Does not matter if you are using a phone, a "smart" phone, laptop, desktop, whatever, the secret is PROOFREAD BEFORE HITTING "SEND".

I totally agree, along with stupidphone shorthand-'guna' for 'going to', for instance. A form of laziness, I guess, of which I'm certainly guilty, but not in this instance.
            sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
            '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
            '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
            '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
            '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
            '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
            '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
            '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
            '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
            '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

The problem is that with a stupid phone to proof read would take forever cause it thinks its smarter

Comment

Damn, I just saw this. I have a new set of carb connecting tubes bought from Z1.
                A nice tee and the shorter straight tubes.
                So if you are referring to my carbs, you can just leave those out and I'll put mine in when they arrive.

Comment

I soaked my old ones in brake fluid for a couple hours, and they did tighten up.
                  But I didn't have any confidence in them and just bought a set of replacements from Z1.
                  Here's a picture for comparison. The length is correct and the diameter looks right, too.

These puppies are a little steep for what they are at $44.05, but that's okay for the peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ValorSolo View Post
                    So if you are referring to my carbs, you can just leave those out and I'll put mine in when they arrive.
                    I have a feeling that they are your carbs, but don't know for sure.

If I were doing the carbs for you, my concern would be that the carbs have to be separated to install those tubes. That would require doing a bench sync again.

Maybe you can send the tubes to TCK and he can install them for you?

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yeah, you are right. Good point.
                      I can assemble and disassemble them just fine, but I'd feel better having Josh sync them.
                      Or maybe having him guide me a bit when the time comes, would be a great learning experience.

Comment

Bench synching is extremely easy, and not at all critical as you have to vacuum synch them anyway.
                        Go for it.
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yeah, you are right. Good point.
                          I can assemble and disassemble them just fine, but I'd feel better having Josh sync them.
                          Or maybe having him guide me a bit when the time comes, would be a great learning experience.
                          Yeah I'd rather them be known good than take a risk of suddenly deciding to leak flammable liquid on a hot engine right over top of your family jewels
                          While a perfectionist I may not be, I don't knowingly send anything out of my garage that could be a safety issue.

And yes, you would have to bench sync again to put yours in and that kind of defeats the purpose of what ya paid for

However, if you'd be willing, you could drop the T (or all of them if you prefer) in a USPS envelope and mail em to me, and I'll install them. The others fit great, seal well, but they are "prettier" than the stock ones. I'm sure you're anxious to get these back but I don't want for you to have to do anything besides slap em on and go, and I certainly don't want them leaking...

Comment

Josh, I got your texts but I'll just reply here.
                            If you PM me your address, I'll send them to you in the AM.
                            If this week is like last week, I'll have very little time to get them installed, so there's still no rush.

Comment

Josh, I got your texts but I'll just reply here.
                              If you PM me your address, I'll send them to you in the AM.
                              If this week is like last week, I'll have very little time to get them installed, so there's still no rush.
                              I know the feeling...

Pm coming your way.

Comment

Working...
                              X