Leaky T connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaky T connection?

I am still going though my 79 GS550, and had the carbs mega dipped at a Harley dealer that my buddy works at, so I know these cards are clean as a whistle.

I got them all back together, made sure floats were perfectly adjusted and all that, but now it is leaking out of the T connector that the fuel line plugs into. The gas leaks out the side where it plugs into carb 3.

The connector is also pretty loose. I did have another one, but that one was loose in the bodies as well, and I even had some other carb bodies that are exactly the same, which it also fit loosely in. It isnt nearly as snug as the straight connectors on the other carbs.

Will I need another connector? Anybody know where I can get one?

Thanks for any help!!

Let it leak a bit, the fuel may swell the rubber seal and it may stop leaking.
    Do it outside so your house doesn't explode!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Z1 sells replacements that use orings instead of the rubber. But unfortunately they're currently out of stock...

Comment

Is there a website for ZI? I would like to see if they are getting any again soon. That would be an awesome fix.

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

there you go

Comment

That site has a lot of good stuff! I don't see this connector though. All I can see are the ones that go in the fuel line itself, rather than the one the goes between carbs 2+3. Am I missing it? I was on the GS550 area under carbs.

Comment

This is the tee
              Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

and this is the strait one

I believe these are the ones I got for my gs750, vm26 carbs.
              Not sure if the gs550 is the same or not.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Got this squared away and the bike FINALLY runs like a DREAM!

Going to be getting tires and all that soon, and even have a sidecar I am throwing together to put on there. Ill try to post pics when its all said and done!

Comment

Working...
                X