Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how the heck do you sync Mikuni Flat Slides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you could use the vacuum ports on the engine or the carbs. The flatslide carbs have vacuum ports on them as well but you can't see them in your pics. They are on the engine side (duh!) of the carbs and have a little rubber cap on them. At least my RS36s do. Naturally they are difficult to access because synching an engine must be difficult. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
      I guess you could use the vacuum ports on the engine or the carbs. The flatslide carbs have vacuum ports on them as well but you can't see them in your pics. They are on the engine side (duh!) of the carbs and have a little rubber cap on them. At least my RS36s do. Naturally they are difficult to access because synching an engine must be difficult. :-)

thats what i was getting at as well ,those lines could be vent tubes that have tubes just ran to a canister or left open, so i coudnt say but mik site should

Comment

The float bowl vents are on the rear underneath the float bowls. They either have a thin rubbery hose hanging from them or are just left uncapped. They should not have a cap on them! They face down. The vacuum ports are facing straight up on the engine side of the carbs and should have a little cylindrical rubber cap held on with a wire loop.

Comment

Working...
        X